Unless you're Usain Bolt, the physical action of putting one leg in front of the other lacks excitement. Striiv's Smart Pedometer provides the motivation we all need, setting challenges and allowing you to compete with friends, all while getting fit — Lifehacker readers can currently get 40% off.
Much like Fitbit or Nike+, Striiv's Pedometer provides in-depth metrics for your daily activity, but Striiv's killer feature is its apps; you can take on your buddies in races, see how far you've walked up a virtual Mount Everest, quantify the calories you've burned in cupcakes, or raise money for charity.
Here's the lowdown…
- Smart Personalization — personal challenges are created based on your level of activity, and the more you walk, the more Striiv adapts to your behavior.
- Challenges + Achievements — earn trophies for real-life achievements like burning off a cupcake or "climbing" Mount Everest.
- Walk For Charity — Striiv and corporate partners donate on your behalf. Just walk, earn, and plug in to your PC to donate.
- Gaming — in Myland, everything you build on your enchanted island is based on how much you walk. Or, if you fancy some multiplayer action, you can race "across" the Golden Gate Bridge or "up" the Statue of Liberty in real-time.
- Analytics — Striiv offers weekly and monthly charts of your steps, stairs, distance, calories and minutes of activity right on the device. Plus, access your stats on Striiv.com (see below).
And here's what the reviewers think…
- "…if you're shopping for a pedometer, don't settle for dry data. Find a device that motivates you to move. The Striiv has it, and I saw nothing but raves from the people using them." — Wired
- "Once it gets its hooks in me, it changes my daily routine – offering enough incitements to improve my exercise at such a gentle level that I don't resent it." — Engadget
This offer is only available in the Continental US, but free shipping is included. If you want to grab this special price, head for the link below:
Written by Mark Myerson
StackSocial is partnering with the Commerce Team to bring you deals on software, apps, gadgets, tutorials, and design. So to be clear, this post is not editorial and we make money on sales.