The hottest new strategy game may be the ultra complex Civilization, but what Flappy Bird showed is that with a bit of knowledge, anyone can turn a simple game idea into a smash hit – and we've built a bundle (now 95% off) to teach you those skills.
While you won't be building Halo by the end of these seven courses, the 31 hours of content should certainly get you started in development. This bundle will give you an education in developing for both Android and iOS, a beginner's guide to HTML5 game development, and a quick-start guide to creating a game with Stencyl. These courses normally cost $989, but the 95% discount on this bundle makes them a little more affordable, just $49.
Note: We offered this deal to Kotaku readers 2 months ago, and it was so well received, we decided to bring it back for io9 readers. Enjoy :)
Creating iOS Games for Beginners
- Install and include Cocos2d for iPhone in your projects, and understand scene workflow
- Run animations and actions on your sprites
Learn Android App Development from Scratch
- Create full-fledged Android applications and games
- Understand the core concepts of Android programming and the Android SDK
See How Flappy Bird Was Built
- Gives you the source code see how a simple, addictive game like Flappy Bird is constructed
- Step by step instruction on creation and approval process
Create Your First Computer Game w/ Stencyl
- Learn to build logic in a visual interface and design sprites with Photoshop
Intro to Game Design w/ Unity3D
- Learn the basics of the Unity3D game engine and create 3D game levels with geometry, textures, lights, advanced particles and effects.
- Publish games to iOS, Android and desktop
HTML5 Mobile Game Development for Beginners
- Create a game for iOS, Android and desktop using free tools and frameworks
- Create your first spaceship, farming and virtual pet games
This deal comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and unlimited lifetime access to the courses. Interested? Check out the link below.
Note: Each course includes instructions for how to download the free software you will need to complete it.
Written by Mark Myerson
StackSocial brings you deals on software, apps, gadgets, tutorials, and design. To be clear, this post is not editorial.