Goodbye wasteful, artificial light. The Kickstarter-backed ilumi Smartbulb is the ultimate lightbulb. It can produce any color you choose via smartphone, uses five times less energy than a normal bulb, and lasts for over 20 years. Mark Cuban even invested on Shark Tank. Giz readers can 12% off as an early holiday treat.
The ilumi fits standard lighting sockets, and connects to any Bluetooth-enabled iOS/Android device, with the free partner app allowing you to control hue and brightness. According to ilumi, a million different colors can be produced by blending the light from the LEDs. And that's all from a bulb that can last two decades, which is pretty impressive by itself.
For $79 it's a very expensive lightbulb, but as it lasts you 20 years...this thing is pretty cool!
The ilumi's top features…
- Music Sync — pulse your light to the beat of the music
- Rise and Shine — wake up naturally with a scheduled sunrise
- Scene Snapshot — create, save, and replay your favorite lighting scenes with one touch
- Vacation — make it look like someone is home, even when you're away
- Individual or group control – with built in Bluetooth LE wireless meshing
…and the specs…
- 800+ Lumens (similar to 60-75 watt incandescent), dimmable via app
- 1 – 13 watts
- Up to 20-year life
- 2000K to 8000K in white, plus millions of colors
Shipping is free, but is limited to the Continental US. Interested? Check out the link for all the details…
StackSocial brings you deals on software, apps, gadgets, tutorials, and design. So to be clear, this post is not editorial and we make money on sales.