Words on a screen come with many advantages. But typing never feels quite as instinctive as ink on paper, particularly when making notes. The Equil Smartpen 2 does a great job of digitizing scrawls and doodles, and it's currently 23% off for io9 readers.
While the Smartpen is clearly a fraction more bulky than your average biro, it can track every scribble you make on the page, and turn it into something digitally useful. For instance, the pen can convert handwriting into editable text, or put drawings up on screen — it's sensitive enough to log small details and the pressure you apply. The system works with Windows, Mac, Android and iOS, although the pen itself is totally independent. It also works nicely as a standard pen, with various tips and colors available.
Here's a run-through of the features:
- Transform your notes into editable text or convert content to enhance readability
- Select from a range of colors and pen tips
- Add text and photos to digitally enhance your notes
- Save, organize, title, and tag your notes
- Share your notes to the cloud, social media outlets, email, and more
- Use real ink and (any type of) paper
- Built-in memory to store notes when not connected to a device
- Rechargeable so you can write continuously for up to 8 hours
- Pressure sensitive to ensure your digital notes and sketches are in full detail
Shipping is free, but only available to the continental US — please allow 2-3 weeks. Check out the link for a closer look...
StackSocial brings you deals on software, apps, gadgets, tutorials, and design. So to be clear, this post is not editorial and we make money on sales.