iOS 9 is still in public beta, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start learning how to build your own apps for the next generation of iPhones. This exclusive iOS 9 + Swift Coding Course is designed to turn a coding newb into a pro app developer in time for the big update. Right now, Lifehacker readers can get access to it for 80% off.
The course dives straight into Swift, Apple’s programming language, but you enter at the shallow end. In fact, you don’t need any prior coding experience, as the video lessons start from scratch. After getting acquainted with Xcode, you learn how to use iCloud and notifications in your apps. Eventually, you get to grips with the new features of iOS 9, such as the stackView and AVAudioRecorder classes. These skills are taught in step-by-step tutorials, and reinforced throughout the course with project apps for you to build. By the end of the syllabus, you’ll have a portfolio of 11 fully functional apps.
Here’s what you get:
- Dive into the details of building apps for iOS 9 with 35 hours of video
- Be one of the first to build apps for iOS 9 and dominate the App Store’s top downloads
- Become proficient in Swift and Xcode
- Create an iCloud app
- Set up push notifications for your app
- Work with iOS 9 classes like stackView and AVAudioRecorder
- Implement Swift code in unique ways
- Follow the easy to understand step-by-step format
This deal gives you lifetime access to the course materials, so you can take it at your own pace, and you can stream the videos on desktop and mobile. The retail value of the course is $299, but you can grab it for just $59 - 80% off - at the link below.
StackSocial brings you deals on software, apps, gadgets, tutorials, and design. So to be clear, this post is not editorial and we make money on sales.