Beyond an endless supply of Minority Report and Iron Man references, the Leap Motion gesture control sensor provides the world with a new way of interacting with games, apps, and even robots. Been wanting to check it out? Kotaku readers can now get almost 27% off this Leap Motion Bundle.
In case you're not familiar with the Leap Motion, it's a USB sensor that allows you to control all sorts of on-screen stuff just by moving your hands, similar to Xbox's Kinect. New apps and games are constantly being added to Airspace (Leap Motion's App Store), but you can already use the device to do all kinds of things like explore the globe, play games, and edit photos.. It's cool and futuristic, but it's actually fun and useful, too.
As a starter kit, we've bundled the Leap Motion with $20 of Airspace credit, and knocked 27% off the total price — this slice of the future is now $79.99. Check below for more details.
Here's a look at the Leap Motion's tech specs:
- Tracks both hands and all ten fingers with pinpoint accuracy up to 1/100th mm of movement, and ultra-low latency
- The wide, 150-degree field of view turns the area between you and your computer into 8 cubic feet of interactive, three-dimensional space
- Free $20 Airspace Store credit included with controller, following simple installation
And this is what you need to make the magic happen…
- Windows 7 or 8 or Mac OSX 10.7 or better
- AMD PhenomTM II or Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- USB 2.0 Port & Internet Connection
This deal is Continental US only, but shipping is free. Check out this link for more info…
Written by Mark Myerson
StackSocial is partnering with the Commerce Team to bring you deals on software, apps, gadgets, tutorials, and design. So to be clear, this post is not editorial and we make money on sales.