Last week we offered io9 readers a deal on a "Learn to Code" bundle. That was very well received, so we're back with a course focused solely on iOS development. In this iOS Bootcamp, you'll gain the skills needed to build your own iPhone & iPad applications for iOS 7. Normally $499, io9 readers can grab this course for $59.
John and Eliot (the teachers) will take you from complete beginner to junior iOS developer in three months. Throughout this course you'll build 14 separate apps during the course. Here's what you'll get/learn:
- Lifetime access to Over 378 lectures and 32 hours of content.
- Code in the Objective-C programming language, the language used to develop all native iOS and Mac apps.
- iOS 7 and XCode 5: Learn the latest technology platforms from Apple.
- Integrate with third party APIs like Facebook, Foursquare and more.
- Version and collab on your code using git and github.
- Build a cloud datastore using Parse, a tool that allows iOS developers to create a server side in Objective-C.
John, an ex-biophysics researcher at Harvard, was the lead iOS developer at Fast Society and has contributed to apps that have appeared in TechCrunch, Mashable and the New York Times. Eliot regularly teaches iOS development classes and workshops at General Assembly NYC. Yes, they're available if you have questions.
With purchase, you get unlimited, lifetime access to the course via iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Interested? Head over to StackSocial for details.
StackSocial is partnering with the Commerce Team to bring you deals on software, apps, gadgets, tutorials, and design. So to be clear, this post is not editorial and we make money on sales.