The quality of mobile gaming is pretty awesome nowadays…apart from the ever-terrible touchscreen controls. One solution is Phonejoy — a joypad for your phone that actually works. Kotaku readers can grab one for 20% off + free shipping.
The two halves split to fit pretty much any phone up to Galaxy Note size, offering an Xbox-like layout of two joysticks, a D-pad, four action buttons and four shoulder buttons, with solid build quality. While it's mostly aimed at Android — 300 games are supported on Google's OS — it also works with iCade on iOS, and can be folded into a normal Bluetooth gamepad for desktop, tablet and OUYA gaming. Plus, it has a respectable eight hours of battery life.
The Phonejoy currently has 21% off and free shipping (for a total of $75), via the link. Scroll down for the specs…
- Pocket sized and a battery life of up to 8 hours
- Nearly 300 supported games on Android
- Full precision controls – dual analog thumbsticks, four shoulder buttons, a D-pad, and four action buttons
- Three modes: Bluetooth HID Gamepad (Android 4.0+/Windows/Mac), TV/Navigation (Google TV/OUYA/MHL), and iCade (iPhone/iPad)
- Android 4.0 or higher
- iOS 4.3 or higher (compatible through iCade, device NOT MFi-certified)
- Mac OS 10.4 or higher & Windows XP or higher
- Bluetooth 2.1+ capable device – see all supported devices HERE
And the specs…
- Weight: 180 g
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Play time: Up to 8 hours
This price includes a one year replacement warranty and shipping (please check that your country is included on the product page). All sales are final. The link holds all the extra info…
Bonus Deal: In need of more USB ports? Who doesn't. Now you can grab the MondoHub for 44% off. This thing is king of all USB hubs. It comes with 28 ports, and is quite badass.
Written by Mark Myerson
StackSocial brings you deals on software, apps, gadgets, tutorials, and design. So to be clear, this post is not editorial and we make money on sales.