Romo is an app that comes to life when you attach your phone to his caterpillar tracks — yes, he's mobile. But he is also properly intelligent and can be taught to do stuff like detect your face, chase objects, follow paths, or just wander around as he pleases, and there's a free SDK to keep makers happy.
An added bonus is that he can be controlled from any computer in the world, so video conferencing can be fun. And, he's kinda cute too.
We've knocked 14% off the price of Romo, so you can now adopt him for $129. See below for his list of tricks…
Here's what Romo can do…
- Romo has his own personality and will respond to people and events around him
- Train Romo to detect your face, chase objects, follow paths, and even explore on his own
- Call and control Romo from any computer or iOS device
- Remote control and mobility adds another layer of interactivity to video conferencing
- Playing with Romo teaches problem solving, STEM skills, and the basics of programming
Gizmodo reviewed Romo as well, saying "it's as easy to assemble as plugging in your headphones."
Romo is compatible with the iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, or 5th Gen iPod Touch. This deal is Continental US only, but shipping is free. All sales are final – we can't offer refunds. Head for the link below to get a Romo or to find out more.
Written by Mark Myerson
StackSocial is partnering with the Commerce Team to bring you deals on software, apps, gadgets, tutorials, and design. So to be clear, this post is not editorial and we make money on sales.