Going paperless has been the way of the future for a long time... but it remains a total hassle. That's what Doxie is changing, as a scanner that's portable and well connected. In fact, Doxie is Lifehacker's recommended tool for going paperless. Now, io9 readers can get A Doxie One for 33% off.
The most striking thing about the One is its minimal bulk — it has a footprint of 10.5″ × 1.7″ × 2.2″, and it weighs under 14 ounces — but Doxie's scanner has impressive specs, too. A4 or US Letter size documents take 8 seconds to be scanned in full color at 300 dpi, and the included 2GB memory card can hold up to 2400 scans. Alternatively, the Doxie will let you upload straight to services like Evernote, Dropbox and Google Drive, and it comes with text-grabbing OCR software to make the PDFs you produce fully searchable.
The Doxie One is normally $149, but it currently has 33% off, bringing the price down to $99. Click the link to get the deal, or scroll down for more info.
- Scan Anywhere – simple, standalone scanner lets you scan paper anywhere in your home or office – no computer required
- Battery-powered – if you need to use it on the go, Doxie One can run on 4 AAA batteries (not included)
- Fast – scans full color sheets at 300 dpi in just 8 seconds
- Built-In Memory – includes 2GB SD memory card for storing scans
- Doxie software included – Doxie app included creates JPEG, PNG, or searchable PDFs w/OCR, and saves to the cloud
- Sync to all your devices and the cloud – send scans to Dropbox, Acrobat, Evernote, Google Drive and more
- OCR and searchable PDFs – award-winning ABBYY® OCR technology recognizes the text in your documents, creating searchable PDFs
This deal is available in the US and internationally. Shipping is free inside the US but costs $35 internationally (check the product page to ensure your country is included). Head for the link for more info:
Written by Mark Myerson
StackSocial brings you deals on software, apps, gadgets, tutorials, and design. So to be clear, this post is not editorial and we make money on sales.