There are many great ways to end a night out, but driving home under the influence isn't one of them. Unfortunately, the "walk the line" test only works if you're totally wasted, so BACtrack's app-connected Mobile Breathalyzer could come in useful.
The first thing to say about the BACtrack is that it's tiny. Take-it-anywhere tiny, in fact, at 1.75 x 2.75 x 0.63 inches and 1.7 ounces. Crammed into that space is a Xtend™ Fuel Cell Sensor, as used by law enforcement, and Bluetooth 4.0 so it talks to any modern iOS or Android device. Once you've paired the BACtrack with your phone and downloaded the app, it's simple to use: just switch it on, blow, and a your results show up on in the app.
The BACtrack is currently 33% off, making it $99, so now is a good time to pick up a DUI-avoiding wingman…scroll down for more.
Here's what the BACtrack brings…
- World's First Smartphone Breathalyzer – connects to your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch or Android 4.3 smart device via Bluetooth
- Professional Quality – blood alcohol content (BAC) determined using a law enforcement-grade fuel cell sensor
- Track and Log – input and save BAC results, including what you drank and where
- BACtrack Worldview – see real-time BAC results from other users across the globe
- ZeroLine Technology – using your last result, estimates how long until your BAC returns to 0.00%
- Share Results – send your BAC results to friends via text message, share over Facebook and Twitter, share anonymously to the global map, or choose not to save any data
And Giz likes it…
"…BACtrack also provides detailed stats analysis so you have a more accurate idea of how well you hold your liquor, lets you easily contact your designated driver when drunk, and most importantly, makes it easy to know when getting behind the wheel of a car is a dangerous idea…Overall, we liked this thing a lot." – Gizmodo
Things to note. This is only available to customers in the Continental US, where shipping is free. Also, make sure you have one of these: iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, 5C; iPad 3, 4, iPad Mini, iPad Air; iPod Touch (5th Gen) // Samsung Galaxy S3, S4; Nexus 5, or other Android 4.3 smart device equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 LE. Click the link below for more"
Written by Mark Myerson
StackSocial brings you deals on software, apps, gadgets, tutorials, and design. This post is a paid promotion.